Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Be Prepared

Are you prepared? Ours is a work in progress. We have been told time and again by the Prophet to get our homes and our finances in order. This is our food storage as of today. I had been in the habit of just putting stuff downstairs after I got home from the store and needless to say it was disorganized (WHO, ME?) and pretty chaotic. Yesterday was a gloomy, rainy day so I turned on the tv in the basement and spent 2 hours getting our storage back in order. We have started making monthly trips to Costco for the big stuff. Most things I do find less expensive per item at WalMart.
We have also started ordering from Shelf Reliance (www.shelfreliance.com). They are one of several companies that do the #10 cans of food items. But they also have these great rotation devices you can put together to hold any cans. These are good for those of us without the talent to build a shelving unit ourselves. We also buy from Emergency Essentials (www.beprepared.com) and A LOT of #10 items are the least expensive at Walton Feed (www.waltonfeed.com)
I say this is a work-in-progress because as much as we'd like to we can't do a full years supply for all four of us in one big swoop. We'd be looking at just about $7500.00 from Shelf Reliance. I do get to the cannery every so often but they still don't have everything these other companies have. This is the end result......

6 comments:

Jill said...

Ann,
Love the food storage shelves. You are so organized. Can you come over and help me get organized?
About the blog list...
Go to layout, click Add a Gadget, click add Blog roll. Box will come up, click on Icon, title of last item and date of last update.

Jill said...

By the way, Have so much fun at the game this weekend. Drive safe!

Hannah said...

Hi-
I found your blog when I was googling food storage and yours came up since you mention it in your post.

That's great that you have so much food storage! If you ever need any food storage tips, or recipes to use your food storage food, feel free to check out our blog!

Good luck!
Hannah @
http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I also love Shelf Reliance products!! If you use the code Save15 you can save an additional 15% at checkout!!

www.shelfreliance.com

Shannon said...

I am so not prepared, but you are inspiring me.

April said...

You are amazing with your food storage. You have inspired me to do better. Because I am a buy and then take it to the basement kinda girl :)