Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

Kansas City Missouri Temple Cultural Celebration

The day has finally arrived! Our youth (all 3000 of them) from the 12 Stake Temple District participated in this once in a lifetime event. Our Temple is complete and dedicated for the work of the Lord. Meeting time was 5:30a at the church for the kids and they were transported up to the Kansas City Municipal Auditorium. They were in rehearsal all day. The rest of us decided to head downtown to our awesome KC Power & Light District for dinner. Out of all the dining options we had we picked Fran's Restaurant. It was SO GOOD. I had the Deluxe BLT and literally it is THE BEST BLT I have ever had. I think we need to go back pretty soon. Took some pictures around town. The Marriott Hotel is really awesome at night as the whole side of the building lights up all night long. Our Kaufmann Center for  the Performing Arts is our newest addition and it is just cool looking. Now the four pylons on top of Bartle Hall is still a mystery to me. No one can tell me what the artist wanted to portray with each different top.
 
After dinner we headed over to the auditorium. The doors opened at 4:30 but we thought if we were there at 4 then we'd get in pretty quickly. Not so much. The line went from the main front door on the North side of the building, all the way around to the back door on the South side. Good thing my friend Karen was already inside so she saved us seats. We were on the 3rd row from the floor directly across from where President Monson was sitting. What a joy and priviledge to have him here in KC!
 
The program consisted of dances from the 12 Stakes in the district. In Kansas they are Lenexa, Olathe, Salina and Topeka. In Missouri they are Independence, Joplin, Kansas City, Liberty, Platte City, Springfield, Springfield South and Warrensburg. By far I think the most heart renching performance was Joplin.
 
At one point they had a lot of the missionaries come out from our Independence MO Mission. It was great to see all those young men and women doing the work of the Lord.
 
I hope Savannah remembers this once in a lifetime event for the rest of her life. Our Temple was dedicated Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 9:00am.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ann,
Love you recap. I didn't bring my camera as I didn't think pictures were allowed. Sad when saw everyone with camera's. Would you allow me use some of your pics on my blog and on Swee Talk to recap the night? Just message me on facebook.